In honor of the annual International ShakeOut Day on October 20, 2016 at 10:20 am, we would like to share with you the link to important information regarding earthquakes.
www.earthquakecountry.org has an amazing step-by-step guide for preparing, surviving and recovering from an earthquake:
- Secure your space by identifying hazards and securing moveable items.
- Plan to be safe by creating a disaster plan and deciding how you will communicate in an emergency.
- Organize disaster supplies in convenient locations.
- Minimize financial hardship by organizing important documents, strengthening your property, and considering insurance.
- Drop, Cover, and Hold On when the earth shakes.Taking the proper actions, such as “Drop, Cover, and Hold On”, can save lives and reduce the risk of injury. Everyone, everywhere, should learn and practice what to do during an earthquake, whether at home, work, school or traveling.
- Improve safety immediately after an earthquake by evacuating if necessary, helping the injured and preventing further injuries or damage.
- Restore daily life by reconnecting with others, repairing damage, and rebuilding community.
From all of us here at D&G Equity Management we encourage you to educate yourself and share with your family, friends and neighbors to help ensure that everyone comes out alive in the event of an earthquake!